Within my heart there lies a pool, profound and still,
Where longing gathers silently, against my will.
Beneath its quiet surface, hidden currents flow,
Of all the love I cannot speak, yet cannot let go.
Separation sleeps somewhere within my restless mind,
While love upon my lips remains, tender and undefined.
Beyond the reach of words there lingers doubt unseen,
Yet still I walk through life, though nothing stays serene.
Amid a thousand faces, I walk my path alone,
For solitude has slowly made my silence known.
And this is not surrender, nor a wound I must conceal,
It is the quiet resolve with which I choose to feel.
The moment you draw near to me, the old ache starts anew,
For every breath of closeness brings separation into view.
And though we say so little, somehow all is understood,
There is a yearning in your eyes that says what words never could.
I have guarded countless moments, deep within my heart,
And in each one, somehow, you remain the deepest part.
Though I have lost you in the world, I have not lost you still,
For I have built my home with memories against my will.
Some nights the moonlight drenches all the darkness in its glow,
Some nights it is my burning mind that sets the dark aglow.
I know that you are not here, yet in every breath I take,
Your form returns, a silent presence memory cannot forsake.
Whatever wounds that fate has carved, whatever scars remain,
My heart still waits to meet you, through the longing and the pain.
I turned my sorrow into song, my silence into sound,
And that is why the melody runs deep, immense, unbound.
Who am I, and whose am I, and for what purpose do I stay?
The question once seemed meaningful; now it fades away.
I have carried it for far too long, through every loss and strife,
Until the question itself became a burden called a life.
So now I search within myself for what I sought in you,
Beyond the shadows of the past, beyond what once I knew.
The pool remains, the waters still, the surface clear and deep—
And somewhere in that silence lies the self I long to keep.
For what I thought was separation was a journey back to me,
And what I called your absence was a deeper mystery.
The still pool holds no answer, yet somehow makes it plain:
To lose, to love, to search within — and find myself again.
Saturday, 19/9/2026 , 10:30 PM
Ajay Sardesai -Megh

No comments:
Post a Comment